Best surface Drive for Marine diesel?

Discussion in 'Surface Drives' started by wiggler4490, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Who is hiding??????????, you can email me or send a PM & I have outlined my current status openly. I have put my project up for scruitiny in user gallery, Who are You? Frosty had to guess and you have neither confirmed or denied.
    You had no contact, no website, NO NOTHING Man up yourself.

3. Steve H

Steve H Senior Member

I think you have hitting the pipe too.

HandMan likes this.
  4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Oh ? Please explain.

5. Rik

Rik Senior Member

Steve, please ignore Frosty. He appears to be one of those people that gets his rocks off by starting trouble.

He has invented an imaginary problem that all Arneson hydraulics fail due to barnacle growth. Yet he has not produced any results or evidence of his imaginary problem.

Unfortunately, there is no helping some people in the world, despite our best efforts and I wish him luck.

Unless someone has something positive to contribute here, lets just let it die.

HandMan likes this.
  6. masalai

masalai masalai

Rik the anonymous advocate has spoken tripe again? I am sure I, an ignorant ancient person understood the question posed to request "How do you keep barnacle growth off the bits PERMANENTLY immersed in the water?" I am considering surface drive and would like a sensible answer - not CRAP! and semantics.

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Oh No not again? Hey Mas ille bet you 15 points that Rik dosen't give the answer. He don't even get the question.

8. Rik

Rik Senior Member

Mas, I think Frosty is holding your hand here for you and therefore you really should look up to him.

But I cannot show what does not exist as a problem. Sorry I cannot give you want you are looking for if it does not exist.

Here is a bit of advice, if the theory does not prove true, maybe the theory is incorrect?

I keep writing this so that maybe it will sink in for you, but please, show your problem or let it go. I cannot show it, find it so I do not have to defend it.

Frosty, please translate for your friend, you started this in the first place.

HandMan likes this.
  9. masalai

masalai masalai

I can't argue with denial...:D One day someone who cares to post may produce a photo of a boat's bum with barnacles & stuff growing happily on S/S shaft/screw or similar immersed part - before it is removed.

No accessible maintenance yards available around here..

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Ok lets do this another way. Rik Arnesons are so wonderful and fantastic , they dont seem to suffer from underwater growth that all other manufacturers do.

All other inferior drives need to be taken out and cleaned often, Can you please explain how Arneson has managed to do this?
    Do you use very special stainless that has been treated to a special secret process.

1 person likes this.
  11. masalai

masalai masalai

As with most religiously fundamental believers, persuasion that a round ball is not a cube is verging on the impossible. :D

12. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

He... He... frosty... are u laying an entrapment?

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

2 days now and still no answer ,I guess he does'nt know. Just be quite and smile, that the way to get round difficult questions I suppose.

Or say that my question was too stupid to deserve a response,--thats another way.

I still dot have an answer as to how the claim of 10% slip can be achieved and with what propeller.

Not much point in contacting Arneson direct as you get Rik on the line!!

14. Volare

Volare Non lo so

Mr. Frosty, why you not ask your drive maker? I think they shold help you problem not? Did you buy anresin?

If this rik is who he say he is, I not understand why he come here and be treated poorly by you. It seem that people want to here learn but when a man come here that has knolege you try to run him away. I no undertand why the makers come to these internet. All people are expert so no need for real expert. We all pay price in end for you comments.

HandMan likes this.

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Your quite right Volare, I should not ask him questions he can not answer.

I am sorry if my question ran expert away.

I don't have problem Just a discussion with expert would be nice.

The only problem I have is, ---well never mind.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.