best router bit for grp?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by nevilleh, Sep 17, 2011.

1. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

They are not teeth like a standard saw blade so wont affect the wheels at all and the guides never get close to the teeth on a standard saw so still not a problem .:D
    Will see if i can find the brochure and photo it and see if i can post .

2. nrg

nrg Junior Member

This is fascinating, educational and bore ing at the same time;)

1 person likes this.
  3. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

sorry if we woke you !!:confused:

4. nrg

nrg Junior Member

Bore, as in a hole! Sorry but puns are my weakness, humor as well it appears.

I am new here and cannot help but notice the reference to my status as a "junior member"

that is a pun as well, I think. Anyway Top of the morning to everyone.

5. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Every one wears the crown of junior regardless of age till you do the hard yards and spend hours pouring your heart and soul into helping answer some of the questions truthfully as possible that are posted on a regular basis .:(

6. nrg

nrg Junior Member

Honored by the honorific and the chance to share some passion. I am an adept student who at 40 has enjoyed living in a boatyard, on the hook,Working at Davis yachts, and successfully restored a number of boats that have now stood for decades.

My design specialty is ornamental functional woodwork and smearing epoxy on everything.

I am at your service,but am here to learn as well. Thank you for your patience.

7. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Welcome to the 4m, nrg.

8. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

In the game of life we are all students and there is always a new way to do that job we have done a million times .Practical people with exsperiance are always sort after . I have been fortunate to have been able to share what i know from my years hanging on the end of a roller of grinder with people in a few asian countries . Pull up a chair young fella !! , sit and be amazed !!
    Welcome !!:p

9. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

The mysterys of machines !!

:confused:The band saw blade diamond never touchs any of the guides if the blade has been properly set up ! the wheels are or should be all rubber coated so never a issue !!
    I have just been through all this last week , getting Brass guilds made for the upper and lower guides missing from a second hand saw thats been sitting in a corner that no one wants to use because its crap so i was told !!.
    I am amazed that every where i have worked over my life time there are a high percentage of trades men that dont understand how the machines they use every day all the time work and how to set them up properly.
    One old guy i worked along side never knew how to sharpen his hand plane blades and had a box full of blunt blades and he had been in the industry for mor then 30 years .
    Spray guns are a absolute mystery to all spray painters . i have asked so many guys to exsplain the basics of how a gun works and i have never come across one spray operator person Male or female yet that can tell me how there spray gun actually works !! ,and as for the functions of a pressure pot well that came from another world and complete mystery thats totally beyond any thinking !.