Best place to live?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by ron17571, Sep 22, 2006.

1. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

lake erie is nice now , fishing is good ,water is clean,,Im in sw ohio, dayton area ,,gunfights are good ,,and per capita we are still no. one for murder,, we beet the pants off of detroit again this year, I live in the country ,,a small town called Enon,,I like it here /but you wont believe the hassle when I put my boat in my own yard,, its ok to have a 40 ft rv ,,but not a 32 ft boat ,,these people are real di...I mean jerks,,they only worry about how tall the grass is ,,they have companys fertilize their yard so they can cut it 2 times a week,,,,,so when they die ,,(not soon enough for me ) someone will say , jee what a nice yard he had,life is for living ,,,build your boats ,and sail them have fun ,,,,,,,,get the last laugh,,,,,,,,longliner,,, I hate to be the one to tell you ,,them aint mountains ,,,thems hillsssssss,,,,,,,,,,love ya all

2. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Talking about that sandy beach, take a better look...yes, it’s a very nice beach and it is a beautiful place, but keep it quiet. There are already several sailing boats there (one of them is mine). It is not crowded yet, and I would really like to keep it that way:p

Attached Files:

3. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Longliner,

I'll keep repeating "these arh ah hills, these arh ah hills..." next time I'm lugging my backpack up the trail from the shelters or dragging a large buck out of the woods.

One thing I like about our hills/mountains is that there generally gentle topography & low elevations do not reqiure you to be a mountainer to get up close and personal with them.

TGoz

4. longliner45

when your carring something ,,,,they are mountains,,,,if your driving in them ,,they are hills ..buy the way how do them good coal fed deers taste compared to the corn fed deers in ohio?

5. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Don't know. It suprised me to see today in the paper that Ohio generates about 7% more electricity from coal than PA. Maybe I ought to be asking you that.

Weather is definitly turning. We had the first snow to amount to much last night & a little today.

TGoz

6. longliner45

dont get me wrong ,,penn,is much more pretty than ohio, as for the coal ,,we buy it from kentucky and penn , and west va, low sulfer of coarse? my wifes family comes from ky coal minds,, best folks youll ever meet.. cant believe you got snow and we didnt,,,at least your closer to the beech,,,,,longliner

7. ron17571

ron17571 Junior Member

I was listening to the radio and they said cleveland used to have over a million people and now has like four hundred thousand.as a trucker i always hated the split speed limits there.my relatives in ontario tell me they dont like all the pollution that comes theyre way from the ohio valley.

8. longliner45

yes I agree with them; at one time we were very industrialized, not so much now,,the by product was smoke ,of variuos sorts ,,like I said first ,,is sucks here,,,,, buy the way like you said ( used to have over a million) ,,they probably killed their way down to 400,000,,like most of our bigger towns ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I gotta get out of here..longliner

9. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Longliner, go to Cornwall.:D

10. longliner45

yes there or indonisia,,possibly australia,,you see ( when you only have 3 friends ,,,the pickins get slim)

11. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

longliner,
    you're also invited to the Cíes Islands trip.
    What the hell! If we gather enough people, we may even have a fiesta with the seagulls!

12. longliner45

thanks gilly

13. Gypsie

Gypsie Randall Future by Design

Forget Australia, the rules and regulations and bureaucratic interference in every aspect of your life can only be described as mind numbing. South East Asia is the place, never before has this region been more user friendly for expats whether doing business or making the most of life. You can leave your thatched roof house on the beach somewhere north of Phuket and cruise down to the marina on your Harley to check out your yacht or to the airport from where you can be anywhere in a couple of hours. Shopping for a new computer in super civilised Singapore, catching up with some friends for some awesome diving in Borneo, surfing in Sumatra, crewing on a racing yacht from Hong Kong to Philipines, doing some business in Subic Bay, partying in Bejing, fishing in the Andaman islands, its all right here, its safe, its inexpensive and there are no rules. Get a life.

14. longliner45

I have friends in low places in malaysia,, some are scary,,,I intend to sail the world in 15 more years ,,,,,,,(ill make the threat ) ,,,,,,,,ill visit you all,,,,longliner

15. Ari

Ari Patience s/o Genius

Malaysia..if you are Muslim, Thailand..if you are non Muslim. Singapore ..if you love 'fully boarding school’ or 'hostel' life, Indonesia..I love spending my holidays there..real cheap..always avoid those crowded area..thousands of isolated island..sailing on tight budget..do you take rice everyday,tiger prawn, fresh water lobster,sea lobster, mud crab,or Australian beef steak and lamb roast ?we have them here very cheap. Ever collect escargot from your neighbours garden for free..no need to apply for fishing licenses..unless you want to become profesional fisherman, enjoy big game hunting ? Wild boars a plenty..licensed to hunt whole year round. In Kuala Lumpur our capital there is little Korea, Little India, Arabs Teritory,Persian area, Japanese area,the Chinese, Taiwanese and Hong Kee minggles with the locals, Indons, Vietnamese, Kampuchean/Kemboja and even Nepalese have their fair share of that metropolitan city.A group do celebrate Octoberfest complete with the om pah pah..There is 17 public holidays per annum..12 are major merry making festivals..! Malaysia where summer whole year round, population is about 27 millions and there is about 5 million foreign workers in Malaysia at any one time..Maybe that can be used as measuring element for jobs opportunity.Any way there is one Swiss guy who really believe the way to live is to be like the aborigine..so he do spend some few years inside the Borneo jungles with a Penan clan..they go around naked..:) got to hunt him down and deport him..If he doesn't make hell lot of noise about the right of choices for the Penans way of life..maybe he will still have his right of way to go around naked without our goverment giving a hoot.;) So..it is another option here in Malaysia..you actually can choose to be fully cloth, partially cloth or fully naked..for your life.. it's up to you..:D

Those attachment are from Indonesia.

Attached Files: