1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Best Minimost ever build for sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Thin water, May 12, 2007.

1. Thin water

Thin water Senior Member

This boat is not mine and I have no interest in it's sale. It's owner gave me good advise when I built one. He has listed it for sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290114631458

Check it out. This is a chance to own the best minimost hydroplane ever built. He sent me pictures of some of his furnature he made to show what he can do and it would be at home in a museum.

I hope he gets back a good portion of what he has in it. I have pictures of the one I made in the photos section and there is no comparison.

JIM

2. alan white

alan white Senior Member

I built a Minimost once, when I was a teenager. The plans were all over Popular Science, the Minimax too, which was a bit more complicated.
    8 ft long, 4 ft wide, looked like a filled-in "U" from above. The Minimost wasn't a very sophisticated boat. It was designed to be an entry level home-build design, as I'm sure you know.
    This brings back some memories--- I'll have to check that link out.

Alan

3. Thin water

Thin water Senior Member

You are correct except that the minimax was the super simple make it in a day boat and the minimost was the much improved and much harder to make boat. I have three of them that I run every week. After I got the minimost done I only used the minimax once more and now it just sits.

Actially, I will give the minimax to someone who wants a little play boat. It needs a 8hp -9.9 for max fun. It is free to good home. Pictures of it are on this site under my photos. (Free but not for resale, if they tire of it it should be passed on free as well).

JIM

4. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Aha... so that was the distinction. Thanks for the correction. Maybe it was the max I built. It had a semicircle bow, looked a bit different from the photo on ebay. The one in the picture there had what appeared to be a slight point at the bow and a nacelle of sorts on the "hood". I remeber few details, but know mine was the easier to build version.

A.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.