Crowther Impala plans

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Capt_Teedge, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Capt_Teedge

Capt_Teedge Junior Member

Im looking for some crowther impala 38 plans. I fell in love with one the was stretched to 42 feet. Does anyone know where I can get ahold of some plans or plans to a similar boat? Thanks for your help.

TJ

2. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

Sadly all crowther plans are permanently archived and not available to the trade or public. Similar boats hmm well nothing comes to mind you could have a look at Kurt Hughes site www.multihulldesigns.com he has stock plans for quite a few trimarans and can mod existing plans to suit your requirements they would tend to less accomodation though than an impala. If you want to go to maximum accomodation for a given waterline then a look at Ed Horstmans trimarans could be worthwhile less performance overall though due to weight.

3. Capt_Teedge

Capt_Teedge Junior Member

thanks, thats a major bummer that the crowther plans are no longer. i had started to gather that. ive been looking at some of the cross tris as well. we will see. thanks for your help.

TJ

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.