Keel Laminations - Revisited

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by CatBuilder, May 1, 2011.

1. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

How do you guys normally do your internal keel lamination on builds that come together like these pictures?

See this photo for an example:

[​IMG]

In that photo, how are the keel laminations done under those bulkheads that are already in place??

Also, here is another photo. They have the full, permanet bulkheads in the first hull half and will join it with the second half on the mold:

[​IMG]

How are those people possibly dong the inside keel laminations after one hull joins the other?

There are a couple of problems:

1) If I put the keel lamination together before putting bulkheads in, I cannot use permanent bulkheads when moving the first hull half out of the mold.

2) If I put the bulkheads in first, I can't get hull-length pieces of biaxial cloth *under* the bulkheads to do the lamination.

This problem has been talked about before, but not 100% resolved.

What is the best way to do this? How does everyone else do it?

Thanks!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.