Another ID my boat post!

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Michael Mullins, May 21, 2019.

1. Michael Mullins

Michael Mullins New Member

Hi All,

Im wondering/hoping you all may be able to assist in identifying my vessel. Launched in 1975 the registration paperwork I have says shes a Randell but I am unsure, shes approx 26ft long I am assuming was built and launched in Western Australia (WA).

I have sent Mr Randell a letter asking if he can assist but the letter has been returned as not being at the address any longer, I was hoping he might be able to confirm if it was of his design or not.

She is powered by a Ford inline 6 Petrol motor, shaft driven to a 3 blade prop, all plywood hull with Jarrah stringers, beams and keel/skeg.

If you can offer any opinions on which design it is based Id really appreciate it.

Mike

20190515_092501.jpg 20190515_144222.jpg ad_2_1553613621572-01.jpeg 20190517_173803.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    bajansailor likes this.
  2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

You mean Randell from West Australia ? ( I assume so, Jarrah is a timber species native there). I'd have thought by 1975 they'd be glass boats, but could be wrong.

3. Michael Mullins

Michael Mullins New Member

Yes, Randell from WA, yes local Jarrah keel and beams (I just had the pleasure of sanding it back smooth after 3 years of sitting in the water!)

Lots of Plywood construction seems to remain in the 1970's in Western Australia, this hull has also been Dynel sheathed at some point (as part of or after original build Im unsure)

She certainly seems to have Randell "Lines" and although it is of little consequence as Im happpy with the way she handles/looks etc. Id just love to know a little more about her.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.