Sundancer

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Wavewacker, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Wavewacker

Wavewacker Senior Member

A 50' Sea Ray Sundancer, '93, a used well cared for and pics look very nice.

Any recommendationson this Sea Ray, known problems?

It's being shipped to a lake in north Texas, so it's dry now, anything that should be done?

Survey came in good.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  2. dpmulvey

dpmulvey New Member

It's a great boat.

Was the survey for the engines and hull?

How's the bottom paint? There is a story in PMY about a new paint system that actually rejects growth. I'm not sure if it is for salt water only though. It's called international intersleek system.

3. yipster

yipster designer

Otherwise antifoul cost your sun about a grant a year
    Cruising some distance easely drinks a ton a day
    but hell, what a boat, as liveaboard that could be heaven
    and as you/your sun is not posting pics yet i looked up
    that sundancer its the one with the real long fwd deck rite?
    kitchen, midcabin and rest comfortable enouch :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

4. Wavewacker

Wavewacker Senior Member

Thanks, I told my son about the site, not sure he looks or has joined. I saw a pick of the bottom and it looked good. Nicely cared for.

Thanks Yipster....I use a notebook and I have some loading posting issues. I should get the kids to fix it for me and put some pics in.

That boat is the same. It really is a great liveabord with lots of room with two staterooms. Top side is pretty nice as well, a great party boat.

One engine needs an overhaul but is operable, I believe this was addressed in the sale. The survey was for the boat and mechanicals and seem to have few issues, nothing with the hull or paint/gel coat is good.

Just wondered if there were upcomming issues unique to the boat. It's going to fresh water, since it came from FA, I would assume that it has been in salt as well.