Sod This...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Sean Herron, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

Modern Dance is not an option for me - **** knees - top Chef or cullinary school - nope - but YOU KNOW WHAT - with my current stash of tools and my mad creative 'energy' - Sod it all - I am signing up at my local community college for ICE SCULPTING - chainsaw and chisels - I am THERE - packing pistols...:)

Soon to be seen - the Swans and a Fish In Space with Rockets - in ice - by Sean Herron - place your orders for weddings or other by 2010...:)

Finally - a vision of my future...

SH.

2. masalai

masalai masalai

How about a vision of the arc (boat or covenant)

3. DGreenwood

DGreenwood Senior Member

I've had these moments---epiphanies---it is all so vivid-the free thinking self envisioning the craftsman that I am producing objects of enviable beauty.
    The world will see-they will ooh and aah and bow at my feet-Andy Worhol will be my *****.
    Then there is the reality. There is always some pimply faced little **** with more talent in his little finger and an "I don't give a ****" attitude that devastates my vision.
    Then I realize, for the umpteenth time, that I am a craftsman afterall and I realize that that is at least as unusual as a "real artist"... and I revel in it and I live with it.
    Good luck with your Ice Sculptor class.

4. Sean Herron

Look at this way...

Hello...

Some silver spoon **** head who can do F'all goes to art school on Daddies feedbag - mounts 'cat sculpture' - rather poorly mind you - to exterior grade plywood and hangs this **** on the white walls of a public gallery - Cat Sculpture - on public money - good for a chuckle - but by the end of the lot - I felt like hunting him down - kicking his groin and employing him for the day out of my own cheque...

Who is that Sean - never mind boss - he is on my payroll - subcontracting - to learn what it really takes to make some coin - CAT SCULPTURE - go get F'cked...:)

Next some ****** will be making sofa sized sunsets and seascapes from dryer lint...

Horse and Train - by Alex Colville - a REAL artist and Craftsman - 1954...

WTF...

SH

Attached Files:

5. Sean Herron

Brilliant...

Brilliant...

They hold the hammer ham fisted half way up the handle and tap dance - we fold our fist at the base - and drive it home with grace...:)

Cheers...

SH.

6. DGreenwood

DGreenwood Senior Member

Well put!

It has taken me to age of 56 to realize the beauty in real craftsmanship...that it is an enduring talent, and every artisan that has produced anything of enduring beauty has been possessed of that sensibility in one form or another. To design or build something that will take the breath of an onlooker 100 or 1000 years from now is not only the ultimate benefit of effort and talent...it is a goal that has consumed the greatest talents of history... and some of the less great....

7. RHP

RHP Senior Member

The words 'Sean Herron' and 'chainsaw and chisels' do not sit lightly in the same sentence.

Into the bunkers lads.

8. DGreenwood

DGreenwood Senior Member

Yeah-Well we all need to be talked down off the ledge once in a while---if we are lucky we know someone who will do that for us---otherwise one has to hope that this cesspool will break the fall.

I was going to suggest that chainsaw and chisel might be a safer option for all---considering that his bad knees might lead him to this as a pastime and artistic outlet.
    http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=big+machines+dancing&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.