Belyanas: Giant Volga River Boats

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Earl Boebert, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Alik

Alik Senior Member

Troy, looks like You have read review of this painting written by communist-period art critics... I have heard exactly the same comments when I studied in art school.
    It is a great masterpiece.

2. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

No, I haven't read any reviews of the painting. And this is only the second time I've seen it. I ran into it accidentally, back when the internet was new and it took several minutes to download an image, and was amazed by its power.

I'd love to see how those critics reconciled the painting's focus on the crucifix the kid was wearing with their communist doctrine. My guess is that they simply ignored it.;)

3. Milehog

Milehog Clever Quip

It is a provocative painting. Some of us have seen photos and heard reports of this use of human labor being used today in China. Other parts of the world too most likely.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.