Belly of the beast...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

Just spent the day drilling out 1/4 inch steel to be tapped to hold PEX domestic water lines against the beaming with P clamps - lot of work to hang some plastic....

As you do on fridays you sit and take stock - what do I have - what needs to be done - what should I order against lead time so I get it when I need it - and honest - I was overwhelmed with the complexity of what I do every day...

I have to say I LOVE my own little boat against the monsters I 'build for the man' - all I need is 10 minutes to set up while the motor idles to running temperature - some gas - some sandwiches and some wind - thats it...

Sure - keeping it to this level requires some maintenance - but that is inherent in anything - but I have to say - building these beastly complicated trawlers and thus knowing inherently what can fail makes me truly appreciate the simplicity of a small boat with sails - heh that rhymes... :)

OK time to get drunk and post some things later that make no sense to anyone but me...

It is raining here... :)

I will post some photos of the beast monday when I get my camera...

SH.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.