Beauty - Illusion - Math...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

First view this - http://youtube.com/watch?v=3X8Ul8Lvx1M ...

Also - thanks CLOD for that other discussion...

Imagine being on that river - I have models in my 800 square foot condo that cast shadows in the morning - my wife loves that much - but I see the boats - I see their lines and their entry - I see them on the water - from their shadows I see why I still commit to this...

THOSE SHADOWS - they make ME - I see their history - I see their associated math - they me make carry on - they make me make my coffee and go to work - I still see beauty and function in those shadows - even though - I know I am outward bound into a world where I am relied upon - to solve problems born of ******** salesmen and half wits...

I still see - and understand the beauty - the math - and the challenge - and thank God for that much...

SH.

2. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Yeah but, do you have one of those swell hats and a clipboard?

It's good you still like parts of your job.

I'm a little wary of that cliche to work at something you like. After 20-30 years the thrill is gone, you end up not likeing what you used to like but by then you're stuck. I think the solution is to have a hobby.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.