Beach marine sonic 25

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by multihull1, Apr 1, 2015.

1. multihull1

multihull1 New Member

Looking at buying one of these
    Does anyone have any info,owned, sailed or can tell me a link where to find some info please??
    Thanx heaps in advance
    Robert

2. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

That's a pretty rare offering,
    Vaguely from memory the Sonic was possibly a lower freeboard "Macro" or a Macro without hard bridgedeck or cabin over. There was a "Super" or "Bullet" Sonic with 40' rig also but I think only one of those built.
    The boats were designed/developed by Bob Hotchkiss of Beach Marine, most Beach Marine boats were molded by Endeavour Yachts at Warragamba run by Reg Gardner(passed away a few years back), maybe the smaller cats possibly built around Brookvale?
    The range of options on Beach Marine boats was extensive with a few to several hulls available with options of soft or hard bridgedeck/tramp, bridgedeck clearance & cabin options & mid body stretch & transom extensions, choice of mini keel or daggerboard. I think the various "models" represented some 30-40 varients available. In the eighties & early nineties Beach Marine was ahead of the game except for custom builds of the day. Generally pretty tough durable boats with design features needed for performance.... had their foibles but there's certainly elements of genius present.........

Jeff.

3. multihull1

multihull1 New Member

Thanx heaps

Ypur spot on with the freeboard comment, from what i can tell from the photos.
    The boat is located at not so easy place to get to, which is why trying to get as much info as possible.
    Thanx heaps for,your time
    Robert

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.