Bayliner Quantum 190 XFS

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by Capskippy, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Capskippy

Capskippy New Member

It is a fishing boat and the front controlls do not work except the trolling motor. I removed the front controls for live well and lights. I only have 12volts on one wire for my trolling motor that is set up for 24 volts. Nothing else works.

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Check all the connections. Take them apart and clean them wire light sand paper or a electrical contact cleaner (get from radio Shack). Check fuses. If none of that works do continuity checks. find out where the power disappears.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The obvious question is what type of system do you have? A single 12 VDC battery isn't going to help much, you'll need at least two batteries or a separate 24 VDC battery.

As Peter suggests, most of the time these things are connection or continuity related.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.