ARC Motor Cruiser

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Peter Morgan, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Peter Morgan

Peter Morgan Indian River Boat Works

I have a 20ft ARC Motor Cruiser built in Littlehampton, UK. I have turned up a thread from ianc1200 regarding his 30ft Everyman Class built at the same facility. It is an older thread, so am unsure in anyone is still around. Basically I am in a restoration process of my ARC, but have very little information regarding the boat itself. Any historians out there that can help me regarding information?
    Thank you, Pete @ Indian River Boat Works, Clinton CT USA

2. ianc1200

ianc1200 New Member

ARC Marine

Peter

I have quite a lot of info on the smaller ARC's. A friend & myself went to see an ex ARC boatbuilder a couple of years ago and he lent us his suitcase full of photographs taken at the yard in the late 40's to mid 50's, which we scanned and made up CDr's of for Everyman owners. Your ARC is almost certainly one of the craft taken over for display at the 1950 or 51' USA boat shows; we certainly have photo's of the Everyman on route, I'll look to see if we have the 20' cruiser, if there is a photo it has to be your boat.

My e mail address is ianc@binnacle-design.co.uk perhaps I can slowly send you photo's of interest

IanC
    Henley on Thames
    England

3. ianc1200

ianc1200 New Member

Photo of 20' ARC on way to New York & Miami Boat Showd

I would assume this has to be your boat on the left!

I have much better images of other versions of the Cruiserman I can send

regards

IanC

Attached Files:

4. Peter Morgan

Peter Morgan Indian River Boat Works

Response to ARC Motor Cruiser

Thank you for your response. The 20' has the lines of my boat, but a little difficult to judge from the picture. Please feel free to contact me direct at: petermorgan1@comcast.net.
    I am excited to make the connection.
    Pete

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.