Need a composite engineer to design the lamination schedule

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by isvflorin, Feb 25, 2015.

1. isvflorin

isvflorin Junior Member

Hi All,
    I am looking at finding a person interested in working out the lamination schedule, reinforcements and necessary additional structure for a 35ft sailing catamaran. Foam sandwich type of build.

[​IMG]
    Most of the interior structure , bulkhead positions, beam connection system is already conceptualized. Furthermore, it is worth mentioning that the foam was already stocked for this project, in 12, 15 and 20mm thickness, 100kg and 130kg per. Epoxy resin, and infusion is preferred.

The laminations required to be dimensioned are:
    Complete hull shell+interior panels
    Central pod -red
    Deck plates -blue
    Beams -green
    Mast - round mast, no spreaders, masthead stayed.
    If interested, please think of estimate quotation and get in touch.

Cheers,
    Florin

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

How can you have advanced so much in the definition of the boat without having made any provisional calculation of the structure and scantlings?

3. Alik

Alik Senior Member

How? Easy! With use of this forum...
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/search.php?searchid=3742581

Though this is quite typical for sailboat designer...

4. rowen01960

rowen01960 Junior Member

I am currently completing a series of LMP monocoque schemes, after I have completed LS-Dyna crash simulations, i would be interested in your project. I typically define and optimize the schemes using NL FEA to conform to your specified marine code/class. The resultant SLAM (SubLaminate) property values (E/G/nu) are those to which the laminate scheme will produce. The builder will need to produce 4-5 SLAM test panels which will be tested to limit and ultimate flexural loads in order to proove ability to meet the design requirements. You can find my portfolio (non-marine) on linkedin, regards
    robert white

5. rowen01960

rowen01960 Junior Member

You can also skype me at rowen01960 for some face time/sanity checks ... :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.