Play Dough

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

Yes this is a pun based on Plato’s Cave - as was same by the original manufacturer of the stuff - but I don't expect same to go far here or to have it cast its many shadows...

But I intend to expand on the inventors' intent - freedom of information and intent - something we built upon and then lost in our North American pursuit of personal gain - by the **** crew of Capitalism...

Capitalism works - so long as it is protected from exploitation - and the ultimate beneficiaries - it is a 'Catch 22' argument.

This is for the American 'Oxford' graduates who get their piece of paper whilst going public on CDN TV - to tell the world - in all earnest - that Torontonian Italian immigrants - must stop killing the Polar Bears with icicles...

Myself - I will never throw an ice cycle or an icicle at a Polar Bear - I cannot fathom its effectiveness - but then - I have not had access to the top secret American CIA studies regarding same...

I personally believe that Oxford in the USA should fund a study to determine the effectiveness of throwing ice cycles versus icicles at Polar Bears as a means of National Defence and Security...

Ok - that is played out just about as far as I can see...

And at the moment I seem to be having some trouble focusing...

SH.

2. allan white

allan white Junior Member

Sean

Scattered focus? wow

I hope all is well

Allan

1 person likes this.
  3. masalai

masalai masalai

Sean, Play Dough caught my attention as I need something to help me mould shapes for my proposed design. I have drawn some using DelftShip (free) and will probably eventually get much of the rest even??? - - - But - - - - I am baffled as to how do I present my concepts to a NA/NE for development into real plans for a builder of some competence to create? I like to see a model, I need some mould-able foam? to allow me to "sand" and otherwise shape some bits like the forward end of the bridge-deck and bows??

Scatter your focus & brilliant mind over that, Please - - Thanks:D

4. Sean Herron

Read...

Hello...

You are on your own...

As am I...

SH.

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Don't swear, as others may be watching?

6. Sean Herron

Sorry - I was drinking again...

Hello...

I need to pour some V8 into my belly - seems I have managed to significantly lower my boiling point again - no one got hurt - and I woke up in my own bed - so all is well...:)

Seems I cannot open FBM files from Delftship in Freeship - someone is doing the old trick of getting greedy and going with proprietory files...

Always a way around that though...

Let me apologise for my bad habits...

My name is Sean and I am an alchoholic...

Hi Sean...:)

Wait a minute - who are all you guys - get out of my house you bums...

Per your post - I guess that you are not a builder - if you could find same - go down to the yards - I am sure someone has some 4 inch 2 pound P/U - just lying around in a corner of their shop slowly dissapearing under F/G dust - and they would just give it to you - to get rid of it...

It gets a bit nasty sanding it - it develops a charge and sticks to everything - mostly your eyeballs - but it easy to work with for a quick work up...

Then go get yourself a can of Rage (I love that) - a can of Rage - seriously though - it is a two part sandable fairing compound (not BONDO) - great fun - easy to control the kick time - sands like butter - sticks to just about any substrate...

SH.

Attached Files:

• RAGE.jpg
      RAGE.jpg
      File size:
      22.2 KB
      Views:
    1 person likes this.
  7. masalai

masalai masalai

Thanks Sean. That may do the trick if I can get same in Aussy..... Sounds like an Australian TV-rock music show from the 70's - still running I think. Our original rocker, Johnny O'Keef, used to do the intro music (chopped by the tape-man) to go something like "Ra, Ra, Ra, Ra, Rage?" cut from one of his shows.

If I can give up nicotine for a lovely lady, Lets see you stop boosing for yourself. Stay ranting though, I reckon that is "good for the spleen" in that "frustration does not build up" or whatever - fcuk knows - I am just waffling - better get back to the drivel thread and vent my spleen..... Thanks again Sean....

8. Thunderhead19

Thunderhead19 Senior Member

Ye..haa..ha ha ha! You got me right up to the Oxford bit. You're funny. Oxford... in the USA yet!!! We're not exactly out in the furthest flung reaches of the Empire. Oxford..in the USA...ha ha ha

9. Sean Herron

Dictionary...

Hello...

Check out 'Ole Miss'...

Many could benefit from a trip to the UK...

Looks like you got me - anyway - where are you building those boats of yours - to change the subject...

SH.

10. Thunderhead19

Thunderhead19 Senior Member

Everywhere. I worked in Delta for three years before that I was in Victoria. After Delta I went back to Victoria. Now I'm in Vernon of all places, we'll see where this year takes me... I have a feeling it starts with "V".

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.