P95

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by NewToBuilding, Oct 6, 2006.

1. NewToBuilding

NewToBuilding New Member

Hello, I am very new to boat building however I really want to build a catamaran, I have taken a good look at a lot of plans and I believe that I have found the right on, it can be found at the following link http://www.ikarus342000.com/P95page.htm

Im quite determined to build this model but am open to suggestions, I would also really like to hear from someone who has attempted to build the same boat and how they found it, any advice would be much appreciated. Please excuse my spelling.

Reagrds

2. fhrussell

fhrussell Boatbuilder

Nothing of any great importance to add, except..nice looking boat. The P95 was the model that I first came across when I became interested in K-designs. I like Bernd Kohler's boats and ideas.

3. fhrussell

fhrussell Boatbuilder

4. cleblanc

cleblanc Junior Member

Hi, I am also interestied in building the P95 and I purchased the full building plans last year.
    I also joined the newly createds group:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/k-designs/

In short, I really like the design and the plans are very complete but a little hard to figure out sometimes.

There are some modification that I want to do on this boat:

I an seriously considering fitting the rig of an existing multihull on this boat instead of going to a custom rig. I will seek some sail quotes both for the custom sail and for an "off the shelf" Corsair 31 sail and make my decision.

I also plan to build the boat out of foam composite instead of plywood and cedar strips. My only problem is to find out how to build the round chines

I am also thinking about using a kick up rudder and integrating some stairs on the transom.

I think that there was only one P95 built but the Duo800 has been build many times and the hull is very similar.

If you like the P95, you should look also at the ADN-Lelievre 4XCat 28. It is a very similar production boat and there as been many reviews of that boat in many magazines.

I was very impressed by the similarities betwen the two boats and after reading the very good reviews of the 4XCat 28, I decided to go ahead with the P95 construction.

I also might wo somme little cosmetic changes on the boat and I am thinking about going with dual engines.

5. fhrussell

fhrussell Boatbuilder

6. DanielDespres

DanielDespres New Member

Catamaran P95

Bonjour Charles,

Est-ce que tu as finalement construit le P95?

Est-ce que tu toujours les plans?

Daniel

7. eastern motors

eastern motors Junior Member

Is there an estimated total cost for the standard plywood construction?

The site says foam is 10x more expensive and takes significantly more time.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.