Trying to add a deck

Discussion in 'Software' started by OldNick, Oct 13, 2019.

1. OldNick

OldNick Junior Member

So, back to my learning double ender Pirogue.

Having got the hull draw techniques sorted, I want to add a 2' deck at either end (I am working on a half model and then duplicating it ATM). I have just tried extruding the edge of the segment at the end and that would do the job, but for one problem: when I extrude the edge, it straightens that edge.

By that I mean that the Control Net edge is straight, but the resulting line is curved...until I extrude the Control Net Edge. Then the actual plank edge curve flattens to the control curve, so I have a straight section of sheer, rather than a curve.

It also appears to force a compound curve in the plank of the side, because it actually causes the plank to straighten in both planes.

ummm...a picture I guess...hang on guys :)...and yes I know the "deck" in the wrong direction :D.

Sorry about the double screen shot. If I take a screen shot of the secondary screen, it's blank. If I move FS to the primary screen then take a screen shot, I get bot screens. Separate issue, but sorry.

Thanks for any help

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.