Background image for rendered models - terragen

Discussion in 'Software' started by Knut Sand, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Hi

Sorry if this is somewhat out of place, but years ago I stubled across this software:

Terragen.
    ( http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/ )

Found it again. Seem that it has even improved. Free to try. I do not quite know how your pragrams actually works, but SolidWorks (As I use), allow me to render a model, and have a backgroud of any picture I like (or render standard or a downloaded background). So, what I was thinking of, was images from Terragen in the backgroud...?

I'll try to play around with it this weekend..... Maybe some wasted time....:p

2. yipster

yipster designer

nice one you wont lose to much time on making spectacular backgrounds
    integrating it into the various versions of 3d programs gets harder
    and if i recall well it could be even used in pc game engines

3. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Knut Sand the background in this image was none in an old copy of terragen. The trick is to get your camera angle and light to match both scene and model.

Attached Files:

4. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Came back to post a greenpainted skiff... Saw what Bhnautika had done... Ok Im green (more ways than one, come to think of it) :D Correct comment about the importance of light and angle of view...

First attempt.

Forgot to hide the "origo" marker, well have to tie toe boat to something eh?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009