Shipconstructor tutorial help

Discussion in 'Software' started by stephen gibson, Jun 15, 2007.

1. stephen gibson

stephen gibson Junior Member

Im just running thru the tutorial so bear with me...

1. If i create a frame with cutouts for stringers, I then delete or change the size of the stringers how do i get the frame to update automatically? how do I know which frames and parts are affected by this modification to the stringer?

2. Once I have created a frame solid, how do i add a cutout for a manhole?

3. How do I know where the frame mouseholes should be where the shell plate joins another?

Thanks in advance

2. CGN

CGN Senior Member

2- need to re-do your frame, add the manhole manually to the sketch (using autocad) and mark this as a cut-out path, using the toolpath command.

3- 2 ways, you can import for reference your plates (plates only not the whole surface), so you know where the seam is, or in your 3D wireframe leave the "seam" line shown so you know where is the seam located on your frame.

good luck

Attached Files:

• 01.JPG
      01.JPG
      File size:
      110.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      68.4 KB
      Views:
  3. formsys

formsys formsys

It sounds like you are doing the ShipConstructor 2005 tutorial. ShipConstructor 2006 uses quite a different approach.

In ShipConstructor 2005:
    1. Cutouts dont update automatically, you need to re-insert te larger cutout.
    2. Delete the old solid, use Add Object to add the mahole opening on the production layer, then create the plate solid again.
    3. Mlink in your shell plates into your frame drawing and they will give you a location you can snap to. Use Insert Cutout to insert the mousehole, then create the plate solid again.

In ShipConstructor 2006:
    1. MLink(XRef) in the frames and you will see which frames the stringers pass through. Updating of the cutouts in the frame happens automatically when you open the frame after changing the stringer shape in the stringer drawing.
    2. Draw the shape of the manhole on the Draft_Cut layer, use right-click Add Objects on the plate part to add the manhole to the part. The solid will update automatically.
    3. Mlink in your shell plates into your frame drawing and they will give you a location you can snap to to Insert Corner Treatment on your plate parts. The solid gets updated automatically.
    Cheers
    Phil

4. stephen gibson

stephen gibson Junior Member

thankyou for the replies. yes we are doing the 2005 tutorial, 2006 sounds a lot better for modifying data

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.