Deltfship to Freeship

Discussion in 'Software' started by NickR, Jan 24, 2008.

1. NickR

NickR New Member

I have created a hull in Delftship 3.2, but then found Freeship 2.85 which seems to have more functionality. Unfortunately, I cannot get the hull out of Deltship and into Freeship.

Does anyone know if there is a way of translating the hull?

2. masalai

masalai masalai

I have recently done the same. What is try to click on every control point, for each station - in turn to create a text file of "curves" then read that file in Freeship - didn't work. so started again from scratch - bugger of a job......

Try Rick Willoughby? or buy the delftship commercial edition? If someone on this net has a design close to what you like, ask if you can copy it to modify for your own use?

3. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

Delftship Pro will export to Freeship 2.6, which could be read by 2.85. Not sure if the free version has the same feature in "Save As"

Rick W.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

I have the "free" versions of all installed - rtfm done, all three several times particularly pp44 & equiv. No Luck..... I got one set of curves from Delft to free 2.6 but what a mess!!!!!. Re-entered from scratch. Did not like my hand entered data for curves - Linux could be adding access authorities which confuse the pure text files I guess....

Still working on it to try to sort drawings out.

Cheers

5. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

I am a pragmatist when it comes to computers. I use Mac and Microsoft but not Linux. I don't mind lining Bill Gate's pockets providing the stuff works.

Seems you are experiencing a lot of frustration for the sake of using something other than Microsoft. I have no idea why you have the particular problems because the software runs fine on Microsoft since it was designed for this platform.

Rick W.

6. PI Design

PI Design Senior Member

Victor might be able to help. Try pm'ing him.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.