AUTOCAD Frame Line

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mitch1990, Sep 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mitch1990

Mitch1990 Junior Member

Hi,

I have been using AUTOCAD 2018 to produce a basic GA. Is there an easy way to implement a frame line?

I am not sure frame line is the right word, but I am after the line that is usually shown between two views on a GA to show the location of frames or distance from a point.

Mitch

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I am not sure what you mean but, in any case, I am sure that AutoCAD does not have a command that generates the "frame line". You can create that "frame line" as a block and insert it as many times as you want in the place you need each time.
    Do you know how to create blocks in AutoCAD?

3. Mitch1990

Mitch1990 Junior Member

Yeh ok, I thought that might be the case, I can create blocks. The line I am talking about is the longitudinal line that might be referred to as the baseline at the bottom of this image.

upload_2020-9-10_15-31-55.png

Attached Files:

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

It's clear, we both mean the same line.
    I have many hours of work with AutoCAD and I think that the most comfortable way to act is to create that line as a block and insert it where necessary.

5. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

That is a very neat ferry Mitch - would you be happy to share more details / other drawings with us please?

6. kaptcatb

kaptcatb Junior Member

thats called "frame ruler".
    If you use CAM orientated software its automatically generated.
    In CAD programs once you manually create it you can insert as a block, copy as geometry or copy as a group of objects.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.