Aussie fires

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by El_Guero, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

HEY!

They are OK, even if you cannot understand them.

Except for the Haggis ....

:D

2. NoEyeDeer

NoEyeDeer Senior Member

And they make good whisky.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

And they sent one bunch of us to Texas and the other bunch of us to Australia ....

4. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

New Zealand was a popular destination for Scottish immigrants, the vast bulk of NZ settlers were from the UK, but the scots were represented in percentages out of proportion to their numbers in the old country.

5. NoEyeDeer

NoEyeDeer Senior Member

Yeah, they took a look at Australia but were freaked out because the weather was too good. Then they went to the South Isand of NZ and thought it was suitably cold, wet and miserable. :D

6. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

7. hoytedow

Some of us ended up in Kentucky, from whence we went to Texas.

8. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

See, I have been dealing with arrogant and self-righteous "geniuses" for quite a few years in this forum, and you seem to be a newcomer that, sadly, fits into that category.

Talking crap doesn't make crap any better.

I do not attack people, never, first. My first post is perfectly clear, concise and sensible. You agree or disagree. But to bullshift that I have attacked SOMEONE, now THAT'S talking silly. And you are the one who said that I have attacked someone.

I see them perfectly applicable to you, your words. The reason I did respond in private was because I did not want to continue this futile discussion. There's nothing about boating here, the comment is purely religious (only religious people pray, but you I'm sure will find a way to disagree with that), and as we can see even the moderator is keen to take the wrong side of their own policy. Not the first time.

The fact is that the tragedy did not happen, only two people died, a few hundreds of insured homes burned down, but will be rebuilt with what little insurance will pay out, and the life goes on.

So, instead of any further attempts to be a smartaxis, mention the people in Europe who had died today/yesterday, share a thought and keep moving. Let us not dwell over the fact that what I said was the right thing to say, that your comment was completely unnecessary and quite dumb, and all is good.

1 person likes this.
  9. hoytedow

So, how are things on the Shining Path?

10. NoEyeDeer

NoEyeDeer Senior Member

Well Masrapido, I am glad that you have such a high opinion of yourself. I am sure it brings you great comfort, and does nobody else any harm. Please continue to enjoy it as much as you like.

11. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Are you not the one who wrote on an other thread:

"What is good for humanity to save 2 billions people from poverty."

As for feeling about other people, your statement speak for itself

Don't patronize other when you are the quintessential hypocrite.
    Masrapido had always be truthful to his beliefs, I know that because we had healthy and sometime quite heated exchanges time ago.
    Since you deceit everyone here we will never know the truth about your family, don't we?
    Masrapido is a Gentleman, your are not.

12. hoytedow

Ouch. Masrapido would have you live under communist rule if he could. I would hardly call tyrants or their sycophants gentlemen.

13. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

As this thread seems to have gone off the rails and continues to be a magnet for hostility rather than good will, it's being closed at this point. Those interested in a heated religious debate or lots of jabs at one another should choose another forum and continue the religious debate there. (You can always invite your friends by PM to the thread you start on a forum that's appropriate for it.) Thanks.

Here is a list of other forums where political topics would be welcome:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=politics forum

Here is a list of other forums where religious topics would be welcome:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=religion forum

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.