Aussie fires

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by El_Guero, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

A Texas princess, never heard of that one. A little bit wooden is the Danish princess imo.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

HEY!

She is from Houston! Be nice.

:)

3. Mr Efficiency

Princess Mary ? She's a Tasmanian, I think.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

She was born in Australia, went to school (grew up) in Houston ....

5. NoEyeDeer

NoEyeDeer Senior Member

Oi! Get your facts straight!

So, she was back in Tasmania and going to school there by the time she was six. That means she only spent a couple of years in Texas in her early childhood, and would have only done one year of school there.

So, she is NOT, that means NOT, a Texan. :p

6. Mr Efficiency

Her daddy is a scotsman, kilt and all, struck me as not being a shy or retiring type.

7. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

8. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

You have no idea what you meant with your own little rant. And clearly you have failed to do me a courtesy to read my first post before ranting.

But, I am all for your right to say what you want. No matter how wrong you are. Only from differing opinions we can develop useful knowledge. If we all think the same, we stagnate.

9. NoEyeDeer

NoEyeDeer Senior Member

Well we shouldn't hold that against her. I'm sure she doesn't try to poison the Danish Royal Family with haggis or anything gruesome.

10. NoEyeDeer

NoEyeDeer Senior Member

Well actually I knew exactly what I meant, and I did read your post before responding. I tend to do that sort of thing.

I'm not denying you have the right to say what you want to say. It's just that if you say silly things, someone might call you out on it.

11. NoEyeDeer

NoEyeDeer Senior Member

Masrapido, if you want to continue the conversation, how about doing so here, in public? I'm not interested in getting involved in petty neg rep wars with you. For reference:

Yes, the post is a bit religious in its nature, presumably because El Guero the Mad Texan is religious. He wasn't trying to start a crusade or earbash anyone with his personal beliefs. He was just expressing basic good wishes, and used the sort of wording that religious people use without thinking about it. No big deal, IMHO.

I really did think it didn't warrant an attack, given the circumstances. I understand your point about people living in war zones too. I'm sure that if asked, the people affected by the fires would agree they are lucky to not be living in a war zone. From what I've seen on the TV, most of them seem to be pretty practical in their responses. They don't like what's happened, but they aren't being huge drama queens about it. Despite this, some are understandably, and only temporarily, a bit upset about it. Having your home and neighbourhood burn down is not pleasant for anyone.

12. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

The thread was probably intended to be about "sending good thoughts" to those affected the fires, in other words, something along the lines of 'we're thinking about you and hope you're ok.' The forum here isn't intended to host a venue for people to thrust their pro- or anti- religious beliefs on others. But usually when a religious person says they're praying for someone's speedy recovery from a health issue or that they're safe from a natural disaster, a non-religious person translates it as a general statement of goodwill. It's quite atypical to be offended by that brief comment.

It would be better to take further anti-religion or pro-religion arguments to one of the many forums which exist for the purpose of lengthily religious debates.

Here is a list of many other forums where religious debates would be welcome:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=religion forum

13. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Masrapido,

You have admitted your family is fortunate and rich. At least have the decency to feel for other people in their time of need.

I think time with a Priest or Pastor would do your soul a lot of good, you seem to have a deep guilt about warfare.

Wayne

14. Mr Efficiency

Nah, just filling in some of the background antecedents, Scots are OK if you can understand what they are saying. :p

15. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Masrapido,

I called for prayer out of concern for those on the board who are less fortunate.

I would hope that if you were in a storm, you would feel you could reach out to others on the board for help?

If not? Then what message are you sending to others? In any time, much less in a time of their need?

I hope you can get past whatever it is that is bugging you. But, it is within you, not within other people.

And especially not within Aussies who, rightfully, feel threatened by this fire, and feel for their fellow countrymen in their time of need.

Wayne

PS, if you need a religious outpouring, you can visit my blog.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.