Aussie fires

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by El_Guero, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

Jeff, buddy... Just remember to spare a thought for those less fortunate too. It should not be a big effort and it may even work. Although I am pretty sure it won't. "democracy" will still be raping and killing innocent humans tomorrow and a month from now. And a year from now.

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

This thread morphed pretty quickly into a rant against the perceived evils of the world. Always remember the "bad guys" were born for a reason, to provide a perfect contrast to us, er, good guys. :D How else would we look so superior ? :p Otherwise we'd have nothing to differentiate ourselves from.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Hookers were born for a reason too . . .

5. NoEyeDeer

NoEyeDeer Senior Member

I'm not in the affected area, but have enough experinece of bushfires to know what they are like. I'm sure everyone affected would appreciate your good wishes.

Congratulations on taking someone's well-intentioned expression of simple good wishes, and pissing all over it. Little things like that make the world a better place.

I'm atheist/agnostic myself, but there are times when ripping religious arguments apart is appropriate, and times when it's not relevant. Since this is a simple well wishes thread, there's no need to attack people unless they start preaching that Australians are burning for their sins or some such nonsense. The OP's position was nothing like that.

What I've already said is basically why I am not going to tear this post to shreds, even though I very easily could. Suffice to say that I regard the assertions therein as unsupportable, but not particularly important at the moment. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Amen to that.

Texas sure got a dose of that recently and had to stand alone.

7. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

From what i read the concern in australia is that this fire is a springtime fire. Normally spring is the time of year with low fire risk

8. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

9. NoEyeDeer

NoEyeDeer Senior Member

Yes, that's the main problem. This is the time of year when you'd normally be doing controlled burns to reduce fuel load before summer. What has effectively happened is that summer has come early.

10. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Hoytedow, I really hope there is NO ONE that terroristic involved .... And yes, Texas did stand alone as we burned, it was pretty sad, and a scary time. I saw fires 10 miles from my home.

NoEyeDeer, as bad as it has already been, I really pray it does not get worse. Fire storms are a beast in and of themselves. And it is sad kids started some, and the military let some burns become uncontrolled. Thank you for your respect. I appreciate that.

Wayne

11. NoEyeDeer

NoEyeDeer Senior Member

It seems to be under control for the moment. The firefighters did a superb job under very difficult conditions. Quite a few houses were lost, but due to good precautions but no lives were lost.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Just amazing. They should be applauded. And maybe 'Princess Mary from Texas' as well.

:D

Fire like the ocean can seem to have a mind of its own. And when either seems to go 'angry,' we sometimes pay dearly.

13. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

Australian bushfires not down to climate change, says Tony Abbott | THE GUARDIAN

Greg Hunt uses Wikipedia research to dismiss climate change-bushfires link | THE GUARDIAN
    Climate Council finds 'clear link' between bushfires and climate change | THE GUARDIAN

14. NoEyeDeer

NoEyeDeer Senior Member

What's your point? Anyone can post links. Threads are for discussions.

1 person likes this.

15. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

ROFL!

I am glad things are calming down, down under. It was nice to see a real Texas Princess visiting as well ....

:D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.