Audio books: "Great Sea Battles"

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by thudpucker, Nov 4, 2012.

1. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

Famous Sea Fights, I got the name wrong.
    This is read by several people, and is about the Sea Battles before the Steamers came along.
    It gives you a great look at what it was like to maneuver a Sailing ship with short range cannon.

I got it from <livroboc.org>

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I wish I could remember the name of the book I read some 50 years ago which gave detailed maneuvers of ships in battles of American and British ships before 1814. Thanks for the info.

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

4. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

Yes that's the book.
    Somehow I'd rather read at my own imaginations speed, but bad eyes make the Audio-Books a necessity.

All these books are 'in the public domain' which means the Copy write is long past.
    The Verbiage is very old as well.

I recall in the 5th Grade the Teacher wanted me to read some Shakespeare to the class.
    I started. But soon I said to her, something kinda cruel about that old language.
    I was excused from that task.

To this day I don't like that old language, and won't listen to most of their books.
    But I do appreciate having them available though.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.