Thanks to All that helped

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Cpt Albert, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Cpt Albert

Cpt Albert Junior Member

I would like to thank everyone on this forum that has helped me along the way. We are just days from going into production of our new electric boats (www.serenewatercraft.com). Matt Langenfeld with JEM Watercraft helped me design our new boat. www.jemwatercraft.com.
    After designing the boat, I started to shop around for options on building a plug for my hull and deck. I talked with several companies with 5 axes routers that were capable of cutting out the plug using a foam material or wood. It was the way that I would have liked to have done things, but due to a limited budget, I opted to go the traditional method (wood). I built the plug for the hull my self I started to shop for a builder in the Texas area, but it seemed like everyone was to busy or did not want to do business (lazy), so after reading an ad in Professional Boat Builder magazine I found Rain Forest Boats in Guadalajara Mexico ( www.rainforestboats.com ). I called and spoke to Mr. Lyle Zeigler, President of Rain Forest Boats and I was invited to tour the manufacturing plant in Guadalajara. So after thinking about it for a couple of weeks, I took a trip to Rain Forest Boats. I was very impressed with the manufacturing process and professionalism. They have one hell of a team from the main office to the plant workers. I shopped around and let me tell you, some of these so called fiberglass shops / boat builders have a long way to go to be able to match the quality that I am getting from Rain Forest. We are in the process of building our first boat that will soon be on the market. This forum is a great place. Again Thanks to All…

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.