Atkin Ingrid molds for FREE in WA state

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by NPentz2, Nov 11, 2010.

1. NPentz2

NPentz2 New Member

Right now there is a Seattle Craigslist ad for Bill Atkin's Ingrid original molds for free, limited time, soon to be destroyed if no one takes them. I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to get a hold of a boat like this, although it is beyond me financially to dive into building a 38' Blue water cruiser right now, and for the forseeable future.... My best half-baked notions were of using the molds as a form and strip planking up a boat, or possibly for ferro-cement but I don't think that would work, the mold would be in the way of plastering the inside then... but strip-planking, not too crazy right?

I hope someone else jumps on this great opportunity because it would be a sad day if no more of these fine boats were ever built. I thought this was a good forum to present the notion, in case someone else also wanted to build this sailboat and was only daunted by the prospect of building molds first. One last thing, I don't know if the Atkin family received any royalties for this boat when it was built from these molds, but if someone takes these molds and builds or starts production, it would be the right thing to do to give royalty fees to the family.

2. lumberjack_jeff

lumberjack_jeff Sawdust sweeper

3. Jimfin

Jimfin New Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.