Asking for identity help

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by BMcF, May 14, 2012.

1. BMcF

BMcF Senior Member

This small ouboard propelled 'racing' skiff fell in to my posession some years ago and is now a project for #2 son (15 years old) to restore and get in the water.

An odd bit of work it is..clearly some sort of production glass hull that was chopped off both topsides and stern and all the mods finished as wood and epoxy glass.

I take a dim view of the lifting surface aft and am going to afix an adjustable 'ride plate'.

Can anyone ID the original craft from which this 'thing' evolved?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

I join you in taking a dim view of the afterplane sections. It looks like it might trip without much provocation. It really is an odd looking boat but it might be fun (or maybe wet) to experiment with.

3. BMcF

BMcF Senior Member

Pretty much my view all around. ;)

I've got nothing in it..it was bought solely for the motor that was hung on it.

It does vaguely remind me of that odd-looking Scandinavian racing class that I've watched built in yards like Umoe but cannot remember the name of, but those "bat mobile" looking things are/were a good bit larger...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.