Looking For Composite Work In Australia

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by Grafter, May 2, 2008.

1. Grafter

Grafter Junior Member

Hi, I'm looking for work in Australia, Been In the trade for 20 years. looking for composite builds, race yachts etc. Also interested in other work in the marine industry. I have the relevant paperwork to be able to work there. Please contact me so I can send you my CV.

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

3. Grafter

Grafter Junior Member

Thanks for that, Can you give me any idea of the wages in Australia, would prefer to stay self employed if possible, but may have to consider being on the books first.

4. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

abt 30 dollars
    but the cost of living is very high, in Woolworths, our main supermarket a cabbage in summer is 10 dollars, they sell in quarters 2.80. fuel, is 1.37 l for petrol and 1.50 for diesel, a litre
    the winter climate is the worlds best, summers can be trying, hot humid A share house room, would be 120 - 200
    A loaf of good bread is 5, but ordinary white is abt 2 dollars
    Second hand car at auction, v6 Holden 2000 model 160000, km, 5000, ex rate at mo .47, or 2.12 the other way

5. Grafter

Grafter Junior Member

Christ! looks like I'll have to cut down on my cabbage intake! :) Cheers for the info mate. Give's me something to work on.

6. afrhydro

afrhydro Senior Member

i been thinking of making the leap of faith
    is there any race boat work there
    i too would rather stay self employed
    whats a house and shop cost there and can you combine the two
    close to the best rivers for speed runs etc
    testing that kinda thing

7. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

the waterfont is buggered by apartments and coffee bars, there are so many REGULATIONS, I would say you would have great difficulty
    To do most things you need accreditation, not hard just heaps papers, 1000 dollars and an annual fee 400
    It is acknowleged that Australia now sues more than You,
    personally I gave up trying start here Our coast is not indented with rivers and harbours, what there are, is gobbled up as fancy realestate
    A house on coast, min 1.5 mill, same on riverfront
    house ands shop? a mere dream we would all like, house inland, and workshop, yes attainable, to get residency you need a skill, one that is on their list, all trades,

8. afrhydro

afrhydro Senior Member

thats is whats has happen here to for the most part

i figured it was just a dream of mine
    i want to take a vaction down there one day

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.