Riva Aquarama, I will build it someday.

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by JoeLloyd, May 18, 2012.

1. JoeLloyd

JoeLloyd New Member

I am brand new to this forum, I have built two guillemote kayaks, a stitch & glue fly fishing drift boat, and a west system 16' 6" outboard fishing boat. I want to build something that closely resembles a Riva Aquarama, please do not laugh. Have seen a set of plans online, has anybody seen a Riva aquarama reproduction? Any help would be much appreciated. Thx joe

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

20's and 30's era runabout plans are available and these can be modified to have the styling clues of the Riva. These are the hardest boats to build. The workmanship is out there for everyone to see, so you have to be quite precise. Other then that I say go for it and welcome to the forum. Try Glen-L and Clark Craft for runabout plans.

3. sean-nós

sean-nós Senior Member

4. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

I am routinely seing Riva Acquaramas brought to bare bones and then reassembled together. ;)
    It is a gorgeous boat. The biggest value of Riva boats lies in the craftsmanship of the people who designed and built them, and their maniacal cure for details. You won't find any single thing made to a standard lower than perfection. You need to be ready and prepared to apply the same patience and dedication, in order to get the same result. Go for it, and good luck! :)

5. JoeLloyd

JoeLloyd New Member

Thank you for the encouraging posts. I probably do not realize the magnitude of my undertaking, I will guess it will be six years of labor and untold ten's of thousands of $ to make it happen. With that said, what company can reproduce a curved windshield and the breathtaking bow vent that the aquarama sports? Most reproductions have a flat windshield that looks good, however on an aquarama I believe a flat windshield would ruin its good looks. Have all the mahogany I need, no motor, no chrome hardware, no clue where to have it made. Yours truly, a serious newbie, Joe

6. Hoppoz

Hoppoz New Member

Have you made any progress on your plans to build a Riva Aquaram replica?

7. peter radclyffe

peter radclyffe Senior Member

sean nos

well done. is that the hothouse flowers or energy orchard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.