Boat design/naval architecture and youth education

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by DCockey, Feb 20, 2019.

1. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

I'm interested in any use of boat design and/or naval architecture principals in youth education. I'm aware of a program Clint Chase does with high school students in Maine. Anyone know of any others?

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

David

What in particular are you looking for?

We used to teach school kids in the 10-12year old range about how to design boats and they would have a design, build and test competition at the end of the year, for their science subjects.

3. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

Ad Hoc, I'm working on material and speakers for a joint Teaching With Small Boats Alliance and Museum Small Craft Association conference. We're interested in anything from a single "lesson" to a program like you describe. Any information you could provide would be appreciated.

4. Kramerica

Kramerica New Member

rat trap boat races are always good fun

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.