What is going on here?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Meanz Beanz, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meanz Beanz

Meanz Beanz Boom Doom Gloom Boom

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/06/20080626-4.html

Is this the type of "national emergency" that effectively suspends democracy under the patriot act? Anyone know much about that part of the act? Just what does it involve?

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/dean/20020607.html

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Think nothing of it, it just means that the shrub is getting ready to start WW3 as per instructions from his spiritual advisor (they ran out of good malting kentucky hooch)?

I fuckin hope............................................................?

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Well if we're losing in the middle east maybe we can win somewhere else - trouble is I don't think we are losing in the middle east, just not winning is all! No quick fix on changing a culture - if that's what he wanted he shouldn't have started!

4. masalai

masalai masalai

I think that may be the shrubs intention (surgical nuke of some power-plants "NK", "IRN" and bin-lid?) - that notice the *****-house published really scares me - My hope is that by expressing the worst case, such will not happen....? solely on the basis that I have never been able to predict squat.....

5. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Hey, maybe some people just need an enemy to "complete" themselves. Peace & love to all from Jeff.

6. masalai

masalai masalai

My spelchick suggests different spelling "*****"? - Guarantee peace after that - well at least some pieces coming out? - still thinking of Safies response in Memorable Quotes.......

7. Meanz Beanz

Disturbing thought!

The tin foil hat community will be going wild over this one. :rolleyes:

8. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Sure its disturbing but the truth lies in recent history, as the source of your thread seems to engage a new enemy every decade or so & have been down that particular path before, Meanz, why dont you email George & ask him yourself whats goin' on? but maybe then it won't be just MI5 thats after you! Keep your head down, change your name, stop asking questions & go bush before the're onta ya & watch some old episodes of "24" to pick up some tips. All the best from Jeff.

9. Meanz Beanz

Well it was Jeff really (not U, him of the message board!).... but MI5 made him do it!

Kinda makes you wonder if ol GB is going anywhere with this, don't it?

Email George? Nahhh he can't type or spell fur chit... :D I'd never get a reply and those guy's in black suits and sunnies would camp out on my front lawn again!

I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat sounds ominous.... but then again its probably just Nth Korea doing its usual thing and stirring things up to gain a negotiating position.

10. tinhorn

tinhorn Senior Member

Statement by the Press Secretary on North Korea

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/06/20080626.html

Not sure what to make of all this.

Termination of the Exercise of Authorities Under the Trading with the Enemy Act with Enemy Act with Respect to North Korea

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/06/20080626-7.html

11. masalai

masalai masalai

This sounds like another episode of "trial by internet"? but no sign of that "Judge Judy" yet?

12. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

but,,,when the U.S. stands by and watch things happen (like hussain nerve gassing people) everyone says " such a big POWER country and you stand by idle and watch disgusting things happen to innocent people,how can you care",,,,every single thing is like that,,,damned if you do,,,and damned if you dont,,,,,,,so whats the answer?,,wait till NK nukes its neighbors?,,stop it before it happens?,,stand by and watch em do whatever,, and when asked why we did,,we say,,sorry,,its nothing to do with us.

13. Meanz Beanz

This more the concern I see from people following it more closely than me...

Jim, its not about Nth Korea but this "State of Emergency" and the power that Bush can technically exploit under it. I have read some smart people with deep concerns about the ability to turn the US into an effective dictatorship using these laws & directives. Sounds bizarre from this distance, inconceivable that this could ever happen in the US but by the same token many of these emergency provisions are pushing that same boundary.

From that link to FindLaw's site...

Anyway, the tin foil hats are saying that the US is going there... and they are not all complete loons as you might be tempted think. I got some private comments from a prominent news letter writer who has an uncanny track record of being right.

Me.... I'm watching from a comfortable distance ????? knowing nothing but open minded and curious.... roll jokes about wind whistling through the brain. :p Yes Mas its prolly "conspiracy theory" "trial by interweb" ;) stuff.

With respect Jim the US only moves these days if its interests are at stake, Iraq was oil... Zimbabwe has nothing? During the whole Iraq build up Nth Korea was yelling look at us we have nukes and we are in the axis of evil... yet nothing...proving beyond a shadow the real motivations here.

As for the rest the world is like a democracy, they reserve the right to change their minds after you have phecked up, all you have to do is something, anything, and even if it works the negatives will be picked out... comes with the territory. Like parenting teenagers :D

:p :rolleyes: :p :?:

14. Meanz Beanz

The Nth Koreans seem to have reacted in a way that suggests they are taking this very seriously...

This is more than a tad confused in my mind... where exactly is the emergency, this is North Korea business as usual... no? On one level it looks diplomatic and constructive yet on another we have this "state of emergency"... why?

15. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

the county ( i know this is not the same,,but shows idioticness) next to mine, just went into a state of emergency because of no rain and ALL the grass fires (this county has had 12 in 3 months) ,,,,so no burning,no bbq's, not welding, or anything that can cause a fire,,,,BUT,,,that county that is in need for all the federal aide ( thats why its in a state of emergency) is having FIREWORKS for the 4th....hehe..
    and YES,,its ALWAYS "SOMETHING" we're helping,,not SOMEONE.,,but,,i look at it as,,,"i dont care why we do it (its usually something to do with money),,the governments reasons are never the reasons we SHOULD be doing it,,but if it wasnt for the greediness of the U.S.,look at the people that would have suffered more.,,,,if your a country that doesnt have something we need,,,then sorry,,,,help will be slow if at all.,,,,and all them "laws" and "rules" dont mean ****,,,the gov., can write in provisions in a matter of minutes to suite what is "needed" at the time.,,,,i think i heard a rumor we were gonna put an end to all gorillas...hehe ;)
    and if gb could get away with all this "national security" crap because of war,,,,,wouldnt it have been done a few times already?