mildewy cusions

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by hannahsmom, Jun 2, 2005.

1. hannahsmom

hannahsmom Junior Member

I know this must have been asked before... but I can't find it. What do I do about wood backed cushions? they are not moldy, just too musty to be ignored. we have foolishly bought a 1977 searay with too many original parts . They are not bad enough to replace, but too bad just for Fabreez .thanks

2. pfg skipper

pfg skipper New Member

have you tried spraying bleach (trigger pac), do a small sopt thats out of sight in case it affects the material.Make sure you wash off with soap and water and if you can take the seats out of the boat.

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Get those seats out into the fresh air - the windy bit! Scrub 'em with a strong bleach SOLUTION (not for Gods sake neat bleach! it'll fall apart)! hose evrry bit of solution off and let them dry out naturally! They will eventually come out smelling beautiful! But Do Not rush the job or reinstall 'em damp! Once sorted take em out at the end of every season and give em the same treatment - sweet!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.