351 Ford performance specifications?

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by E4ODnut, Nov 19, 2004.

1. E4ODnut

E4ODnut Junior Member

Hi All,
    I'm in the process of buying a 1993 3288 Bayliner with factory equipped 351 Fords. I've been trying , without success , to get more details on these engines, as, sooner or later, I will want to fine tune the propellers.
    I've "Google searched" for several hours, but come up with nothing significant. One source suggested that they were "Blue Water Marine" conversions, but I came up blank on this one. If it's of any help, they are coupled to Hurth transmissions, and are painted a dark Blue/Grey colour, similar to the US Marine Hinos.
    Looks to me like they have a 4160 Holley carburator.
    I'd like to have the torque, horsepower, and fuel consumption curves. Using this, with the the hull dimensions and displacement, I should be able to get a reasonable starting point to fine tune the props to my particular boating style.
    Any assistance would be most appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Robert Hiebert

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.