Are chilli's more dangerous in europe or u s a

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by peter radclyffe, Oct 23, 2010.

1. peter radclyffe

peter radclyffe Senior Member

hey , its only a joke guys

2. wardd

wardd Senior Member

they are more dangerous online

3. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

I think chilis are way more dangerous in the USA. We are right next to MEXICO!! :)

4. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

I am in favor of more stringent chili-control laws.

5. CatBuilder

Chilis don't burn your mouth, it's people that put the chillis in your food that burn your mouth.

I'd like to pass the 28th amendment to the US Constitution: The right to bear ladles!

Stock up on chillis before they are banned by Obama!

Damn liberals are never liberal enough with the Habanero!

Those damn conservatives are too conservative with the Cumin!

A chilli is a chilli from the moment the seed is planted. Or wait... is it from the moment it's picked?

Chilli is murder!

I guess Europe AND the States both lose out here. It's INDIA who has the hottest chili pepper of all:

[​IMG]

The Bhut Jolokia, a variety of chile pepper originating in Assam, India, has earned Guiness World Records' recognition as the world's hottest chile pepper by blasting past the previous champion Red Savina.

6. wardd

wardd Senior Member

so we're off shoring chillie picking jobs to india now

so if i call about a chillie problem I'll get an indian named bob?

7. peter radclyffe

peter radclyffe Senior Member

whats the best & cheapest chilli for antifouling

8. Tiny Turnip

Tiny Turnip Senior Member

[​IMG]

Anandita Dutta Tamuly smears ghost chilis, the worlds spiciest chili, in her eyes before gobbling them up during an attempt to enter the Guinness World Records, as celebrity British chef Gordon Ramsay looks on in Jorhat, in the northeastern Indian state of Assam. Organizers say the 28-year-old Indian woman ate 51 fire-hot chilis in two minutes for an entry into the Guinness World Records. (AP Photo)

GAUHATI, India (AP) — The “ghost chili,” the world’s spiciest chili, seems to suit her palate.

A 28-year-old Indian woman smeared its seeds on her eyes before gobbling up 51 fire-hot chilies in two minutes for an entry into the Guinness World Records, organizers said Friday.

Anandita Dutta Tamuly performed the feat Thursday, cheered on by celebrity British chef Gordon Ramsay who was visiting India’s northeastern Assam state for a television shoot for his new global food series.

The thumb-sized chili pepper was accepted by Guinness World Records in 2007 as the world’s spiciest chili. It is eaten in India’s northeast as a cure for stomach troubles and a way to fight the crippling summer heat.

The chili has more than 1,000,000 Scoville units, the scientific measurement of a chili’s spiciness. Classic Tabasco sauce ranges from 2,500 to 5,000 Scoville units, while jalapeno peppers measure anywhere from 2,500 to 8,000.

Ramsay tried a bite of the chili - and ended up regretting it.

“It’s too much,” he shouted as he pleaded for water from a stage in Jorhat, 200 miles (300 kilometers) northeast of Gauhati, the Assam state capital.

Tamuly cried too but for a different reason.

“I felt so terrible I could eat only 51. In 2006, I had eaten 60 of them in two minutes for a local record event. But I am sure I shall make it to the Guinness World Records,” the homemaker and mother of a 3-year-old told The Associated Press.

“Ramsay comforted me saying there was no reason I should feel sad. He said my feat was extraordinary,” she added.

Tamuly has been eating the “ghost chili” - called “bhut jolokia” by locals - since she was 5.

9. apex1

apex1 Guest

even more so in the mouth!

When the quality is a good one, they are as dangerous out of the @ss next day.

10. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Jalapeno is jot enough for Joyt. Javing jotter is fool-jardy. Wjew!

11. CatBuilder

Fire in the hole!:p

12. srimes

srimes Senior Member

HERE HERE! Right on brother!

Oh wait, you said ladles? I thought you said ladies. You can keep your bear ladles!

13. Tiny Turnip

Tiny Turnip Senior Member

Ring of Fire?

14. rxcomposite

rxcomposite Senior Member

One man's poison is anothe man's ............

Chili!

15. wardd

wardd Senior Member

chilies are most dangerous in the hands of lousy cooks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.