Archambault A35 Keel Sections

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jocki, Aug 30, 2021.

1. jocki

jocki Jocki

Hi
    I own a A35 from 2007, and would like to re-shape the keel. For this I am looking for the section profile of the keel fin in order to make templates.
    thanks for any advice,

kind regards
    Jocki

Attached Files:

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

3. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

And why do you want to reshape the keel?

4. jocki

jocki Jocki

Good Morning and thanks for your reply,
    the keel is uneven, not fair. this is not resulting from bad antifouling job rather than overall fairness.
    I will keep span and chord length, just intending to have a exact true shape, which it is not at the moment.
    so before I am hitting it with a sander, I need to know where to go. I will most likely scan the keel in order to check potential asymmetry and then make up templates, that have the exact section shape.
    so, the section shape they used would be of interest. Of course it would be possible to derive the shape form the scanned dimenions, but I rather would know the original shape.
    thanks for any advice,
    kind regards
    Johannes

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.