AQWA Multibody Problem (Hinges)

Discussion in 'Software' started by digijtal, May 24, 2013.

1. digijtal

digijtal Junior Member

Hey there.
    I am trying to model a VersaBuoy platform which consists of 4 traditional SPARS which are each connected to a common topsides by a universal joint, so as to reduce topside motion.
    Ansys aqwa 14.0 seems capable of doing this as it makes use of hinges. However I am having a problem when it comes to the topsides. Aqwa is giving me the error: that the topsides, being a non-diffracting body (since it lies above the water line, cannot be part of an interacting set. This is making it impossible to carry out the analysis. I have modelled the spars as surface bodies of 0 thickness and the topsides as a rectangular surface body using workbench design modeler.
    Can anyone suggest a way how to go about it, as this is the first time I am doing a multi-body analysis using this software?
    Thanks in advance,
    Alan

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.