AQWA: How to create sum frequency QTF at specific point of free surface?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dayu, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Dayu

Dayu Junior Member

Hi!
    I am doing some research in air gap. Could anybody be so nice to tell me if AQWA is capable to yield sum frequency QTF at specific point of free surface? If capable, how to do it?

Thanks a million!

2. CWTeebs

CWTeebs AnomalyGenerator

Not 100% sure what you're asking but I'll give it a shot:

If you run AQWA-LINE with the near-field solution for computing the QTFs its a good idea for the mesh to be fine (of higher resolution/smaller panels) near the MWL, and there may not be any gaps (waterline integral) between panels.

Then, when you run Drift, use the FQTF option (full quadratic transfer function) which turns on SQTF (use sum frequency terms).

As for "at a specific point" I do not know what you mean.

Hope that helps,

CWTeebs

3. Dayu

Dayu Junior Member

Hi CWTeebs!

Thank you for your nice answer.:)

When using FQTF, the used QTF is the second order wave force loaded on the whole structure in six DOFs. It is one integrating value.

What I am asking is how to draw out sum-frequency QTF of motion amplitude at a specific point of free surface. For example, this spceific point may locate 10 meters from the structure. Please see the ATTACHMENT.

It is pleased to discuss this issue with you!

Attached Files:

4. CWTeebs

CWTeebs AnomalyGenerator

I believe you can view this in AGS via the Pressure Contours option. You can also print the elevation of a point in AQWA-FER and AQWA-DRIFT using the ZRWS in deck 18, but I'm not 100% sure how the second order terms are treated.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.