AQWA Free surface elevations

Discussion in 'Software' started by Contraband, May 16, 2013.

1. Contraband

Contraband Junior Member

Hi All
    I am trying to model a moored vessel in the lee of an offshore breakwater. I would like to compare AQWA's diffraction modelling around the breakwater with a Boussinesq wave model. In order to do this I would like to extract a time series of surface elevations in the lee of the AQWA breakwater model. My thinking is that a neutrally buoyant float with DOF's constrained (in all freedoms but heave) would work. But it seems a bit of a long way around. Can anyone suggest another method of extracting surface elevations at a specific point in the model? Any help appreciated.
    Regards

2. Dayu

Dayu Junior Member

Hi!
    Please refer to 4.13.16 and 4.2.2(FPNT) of AQWA Reference Manual V. 14.
    4.13.16 for input, 4.2.2 for output.
    Hope it would be helpful.

3. CWTeebs

CWTeebs AnomalyGenerator

According to the documentation FPNT is only for AQWA-LINE and only prints the amplitude. I haven't used FPNT elements.

To get a time history of the free surface elevation you might try ZRWS (4.18.9), which stands for "Z Relative to Water Surface." You could add the nodes to the fixed structure.

Hope this helps.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.