Aqua Skimmer-Sea Skimmer

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Jerry Low, May 23, 2011.

1. Jerry Low

Jerry Low New Member

My family acquired this Aqua Skimmer, made by Sea Skimmer in approx 1964. According to carburetor serial numbers it was made about 1961, and is powered by a Merc 6 horse powerhead. I recently completed restoration. The first picture shows it as displayed in the Minneapolis Boat Show in Feb this yr. The second is the motor before restoration. The third is me riding it when I was about 15 years old. You steer with your legs.

I recently found another one in Nisswa, MN. Wondering if anyone has other information about this craft, where built, how many, etc.

I am a newbie here so please let me know if there are other places to look for information about this craft!

Attached Files:

2. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Where I live it would be a good craft for trolling for shark.:rolleyes:

3. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Grand daddy to the modern jet-ski, great find.

Sorry no information, this is new to me.:)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.