Looking for '81 Eli replacement sail

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by LindaC, May 2, 2015.

1. LindaC

LindaC New Member

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me... I've got a 1981 Eli Laminates Co 8' dinghy that I purchased many years ago to use a yard decoration. The sail has seen better days when I bought it and after a couple of windstorms it is now beyond repair and needs to be replaced. Does anyone know where I would be able to purchase a replacement sail? Any information is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Linda, just about any established sail maker can duplicate the Eli sail without difficulty. Take the sail to the sail maker of your choice. Caveat! Best shop around a bit because there are a few out there who will gauge your anxiety as a means of overcharging.

This is the beginning of the sailing season and so the sail loft is likely to be busy. That plays into price quotations too.

The little Eli deserves better treatment than becoming a yard decoration. Please take care of the little boat, she's a sweetheart.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.