Approved stability software

Discussion in 'Stability' started by valber, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

2. bearflag

bearflag Inventor/Fabricator

Looks like an interesting program. I got all excited when their website said it had Mac support, but they lied... Thru virtualization only.

Siemens made a mac version of NX, but never shipped it. PC and linux versions work great, but its just another pain in the *** to have to support this microsoft garbage. :: shakes fist ::

If I ever got a pile of money, I'd take my software skills, and my other skills hire some people and make a modern general engineering software with some of the same super cool features only available in the 3D effects and motion graphics business. Make it all cross platform. It'd be awesome and not suck, I'd be able to farm out processes to remote hosts, update node based features procedurally instead of history based etc... :: shakes fist and curses sky again ::

</rant>

3. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

4. bearflag

bearflag Inventor/Fabricator

Paramarine looks good. :)

Alas, boatdesign is a hobby for me right now. NX is the breadwinner for me, it has what appears to be some really good shipbuilding tools, but I just haven't got the time to get my hands around them yet. Most of the tools seem geared towards very large ships, modular fabrication, and other things I don't have the requisite knowledge for yet.

There isn't much you can't do with NX, Nastran and Ansys. But 99.9% of that is overkill I think for a 18m catamaran. That and I am VERY early in the design spiral. My plan is somewhat like Inquisitor's. I am going to start with a smaller beach/camping/daysailing type cat and go from there.

5. Kruz_VB

Kruz_VB New Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.