Open Ips Thread...

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by Sean Herron, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

I would like to open a thread - (PER SITE MODERATOR) - per Volvo - and create a sub thread here - towards the use and implementation of Volvo IPS drives - namely - per Lazzara and Coastal Craft and other...

I would like to address the vulnerability of debris impact - and builders response to same - namely Coastal Craft and their implementation of skegs in front of the IPS drive...

Also - compacting the drivetrain - or maintaining a minimum service area around the motors - in say a triple installation...

Cheers...

SH.

2. steele m.a.

steele m.a. Designer/Engineer

patent sail hull

Sean - off topic.I noticed in your gallery a test plug for a sail hull.You're in
    Vancouver , you've probably discovered that mech engineering U.B.C.
    wants $30,000 to test plugs like yours.Since 1983 I've been developing
    a hull that pulls to windward no matter which way you heel it.I've done a
    patent searce stateside , and it came up clean.I submitted a utility
    (provisional) patent request to Alexandria Virginia January 08.
    I'm in Victoria - I'm following up the original submission with digitised
    blueprints , which are still in the planning stage - I don't have autocad or freeship.Mills design in Ireland expressed an interest in helping me digitise,
    I am looking for partners for this venture.The key ingredients in the hull design are of course a bit of a propietary secret. To reach the point
    where initial building begins , I want to be sure intellectual property
    remains protected.2 innovative in West Van offered me their IP lawyer,
    I had submitted to the U of Waterloo initially , and got a very bad response.
    I've been consulting with Tad Roberts over here , hoping to start a build perhaps on Saltspring Island.I'm thinking 25' for a first build.
    I'm at : markalfredsteele@yahoo.ca and marks@victoria.tc.ca
    I would like to explain the concept further to you and see what you think.
    Yours Sincerely : M. Steele

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.