I ordered a piece of wood...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by lewisboats, Jul 7, 2014.

1. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

for some decoration on the transom of my SOF Annabelle build (not gonna say what exactly) from a random company I found on the 'net. Well... they shipped it today and sent me an email to let me know. After the mandatory details they added this....

Funny how little things like that touch you. I know it was probably computer generated but I expect that this company will get more of my business...even if it costs a bit extra. I sent them an email stating just that too.

2. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

You ought to generate a reply from your receiving department. Maybe a Harlem Shake vid featuring all 3081 of them. :)

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

A company after my own heart. Compose a good reply and have just as much fun with it. I'm sure they have a bunch on file already. Yes, it's now likely a computer filled in form that is mailed out, but someone went to the trouble originally, so maybe the reciprocal is appropriate.

4. Petros

Petros Senior Member

tell them the next piece you order you will pick up in person, and expect to participate in the festivities as the honored guest. And give them your favorite adult beverage so they will be ready for you.

5. Poida

Poida Senior Member

There's a celebration here if any company manages to deliver the correct item.

Poida

6. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Cool idea, call their bluff.

Yep, I'd make an "Announcement", maybe send RSVP's to the corporate officers about your planned arrival and your celebration festivities expectations. Suggest a list of Grey Goose vodka and Samuel Adams Utopias for those that prefer beer and major desires for your little party and that those attending could exspect, a similar graciousness from you in return.

7. discombobulated

discombobulated Previous Member

That is pretty funny lol

8. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

uh oh - can I detect a little bit of sarcasm in that really funny email ?

I got that treatment when rang up a motor insurance company for a quote a month ago, and waited a long time on the New Sales line. I rang this company because I had a policy with them 6 months prior.

After waiting for a long time, I was a bit miffed when the operator on the phone said she would have to transfer me to the "Renewals Department"

"Wow" I said "how logical. Here I am looking for a NEW policy on a different vehicle, and have to wait some more to speak to Renewals !"

Pause

She said "Are you being serious ?"

Sarcastically, I said "NO"

She said "Well I hope you, you , you um ..... HAVE A REALLY FANTASTIC DAY !!!!"

I got the message, but I had nothing to complain about.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.