Civil architect and naval field

Discussion in 'Education' started by Elnino, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Elnino

Elnino New Member

Hello,
    i'm an architect, a civil architect, and actually i'm working in a small company wich works for many shipyards in Europe. I do engineering drawings of interiors for cruise ships and yachts, since few years, but now i have a little experience.
    My question is this:
    i would like to go to work abroad in Europe, i'm from Italy, the country is indifferent, will be some opportunities for me?
    I see many advertisements where is needed a naval architect, not a civil architect. Could be a place in the naval field, in preference naval interiors, for a civil architect who has chose to work in the wonderful and profitable field of naval? Or is better that i return into the civil field, before i will be too old to restart my experience?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.