Applied to Westlawn for the third time

Discussion in 'Education' started by Scottg4001, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Scottg4001

Scottg4001 Junior Member

Well, I just applied to Westlawn for the third time. This time its for the full yacht design course. The last two times I have always second guessed my decision to take classes for this profession, especially distance learning classes. Ive always stopped taking the classes and sent back the books. For the past three years all I think about is naval architecture/design and now I am finally convinced that I have to do something about it. I have done more research this time, scouted out pricing for materials (still need to find a quality laptop for a decent price), and have a goal to finish the first two modules by the end of 2008. I also like that Westlawn is accredited and has also added a few courses, especially intro to drafting. (I think thats new).

As for Rhino- right now it only runs on windows XP. Does anyone know if they are going to upgrade to Vista anytime soon? All computers manufactured now come with Vista.

2. terhohalme

terhohalme BEng Boat Technology

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.