Anyone will to provide a little help with DraftSight

Discussion in 'Software' started by oddboatout, Aug 17, 2013.

1. oddboatout

oddboatout Junior Member

Anyone willing* to provide a little help...

Hello fellow designers.

I just downloaded DraftSight and am trying to move from hand drawing to CAD. I am doing pretty well but have come to a problem that I need some help with.

If I have the following shape:

|
    |--
    |
    |---
    |
    |--
    |

and I want to draw a line from the ends of the vertical line that bends to each of the three horizontal lines (think one have of a hull looking down) how do I do that?

Thank you

2. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

I think you want a "spline"

The spline button is about in the middle of your "Draw" toolbar (The one with "Line" at the top or left corner). It's the snakey thing with a point on each end. A spline can have as many control points as you like along it. Each point is a left click and a right click is the end. If you have trouble look for Spline in the Help menu......

3. oddboatout

oddboatout Junior Member

Thank you. I was having a problem with spline that I did not move beyond my lines to fair it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.