catamaran design

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by rede2, Dec 10, 2011.

1. rede2

rede2 Junior Member

Has anyone built the CASA CAT a trailable catamaran that folds tom 6'6' for trailering then expands to 12.5 for both motoring and sailing. Plans seem a bit high. I was looking for some info on the build and handling characteristics. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Richard Woods

Richard Woods Woods Designs

I've seen the site before.

When the site was launched the boat hadn't been sailed. That was two years ago and no updates since then

If it was a successful design you would expect the designer to tell the world how well it sailed

My guess is that is the only one ever built. It is also a very heavy boat for its length

Richard Woods of Woods Designs

www.sailingcatamarans.com

3. rede2

rede2 Junior Member

casa cat

Thanks for the reply. It looked interesting. I did find some additional ino on buidacat.com If you haven't visited this site it might be worth a look.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.